You’re sitting at home, anxiously awaiting your next chance to take off and see the world. If this sounds like you, it might be time to start planning your next adventure. Here are some of the telltale signs that it’s time for you to start looking into where your next trip will be!
1. Your heart skips a beat when you see a cheap flight deal.
What? $300 round trip tickets to WHERE?! We all love cheap flight deals, but if you’re ready to book your next trip, you might like them a little too much.
2. You can’t seem to stop talking or thinking about your last trip.
If your recent trip to Thailand makes its way into every single thought process or conversation that you’re having, it’s probably time to start thinking about where’s next.
3. You can’t sit still at your desk.
If you’re fidgeting around or lacking focus at work, it might be time to hit the reset button by treating yourself to a new exciting adventure.
4. All of your stories begin with, “This one time, when I was in…”
Yep, you’re being that person in your group of friends.
5. You keep going to international restaurants to satisfy your foreign food cravings.
Craving spice? Grab some Thai food. Want some carbs? Italian it is! If you find yourself craving more and more international cuisine on a regular basis, it might be time to experience it first-hand. Bonus points if you’re attempting to learn how to cook it yourself.
6. You are addicted to looking at Google Flights.
The Google Flights tab on your internet browser is perpetually open on your browser so you can flip over to it at a moment’s notice. There’s no shame in that!
7. You’re religiously stalking your favorite travel blogs for inspiration.
You have your go-to list of travel bloggers and websites that you use for travel inspiration and motivation, and you’re starting to peruse them more and more frequently. (Hopefully Jetfarer is on that list…ahem…)
8. Every #tbt you post is a memory from a different trip.
9. There’s a long holiday weekend coming up, and you don’t have plans…yet…
10. You get massive FOMO when you see other people posting about their trips.
Ugh, I’m so jealous. That place is so high on my bucket list…
11. Friday afternoon rolls around and you’re wondering why you aren’t headed to the airport.
Oh, wait. So you mean I’m going to just sit at home this Friday night, instead of going somewhere? Sigh…
12. Your friends ask you where you’re headed next and you don’t have a good answer.
Uhh…ummm…well, I haven’t really decided yet.
13. You look in your wallet and the only cash you have is foreign currency.
Whoops, looks like I can’t pay for my groceries in Danish Krone…
14. There’s a big festival happening in another country and you’re closely following the hashtag.
Shout out to my favorite music festival: #Airwaves17, anyone?
15. You take every opportunity to give other people advice for their travels.
OH, you’re going to Peru?! I LOVE PERU. Let me tell you all of the things I know about Peru.
16. You have a ridiculously high points/miles balance.
You can travel for free with those things, you know!
17. You can finally look at your bank account balance without crying.
You’ve saved up a good amount and paid off your credit cards? Awesome! You’re probably well-positioned to plan your next getaway.
18. You actually find a miraculously cheap flight to somewhere amazing.
19. You still have leftover vacation days that are going to expire.
Don’t let your vacation go to waste! Take off now or forever hold your peace.
20. You feel like you’ve been living vicariously for too long.
Time to live your OWN life. You only live once!
21. Your last trip just ended.
Better start packing for the next one.
* * *
Are you exhibiting any of these symptoms? Do you have any to add? Share your stories and thoughts in the comments!
Featured image credit: Pixabay